Journey to Bliss – A Yoga, Meditation, Surf and Spa Retreat in Nicaragua with Christy McKenzie and Dana Covello — November 10-14, 2016
Join us for an unforgettable retreat at Mukul Resort, a 5-star property with only 37 guest residences on Nicaragua’s stunning Emerald Coast. Mukul is the perfect luxury refuge – deeply committed to local sustainability and eco-centric design while offering an impeccable level of service and holistic nourishment. Connect to the healing lushness of this extraordinary land from the sanctuary of your own free-standing accommodation with ocean views and private plunge pool.
In addition to twice daily yoga and meditation practices, this all inclusive experience also includes world-class surfing with TropicSurf School and Outfitters, a David McKlay Kidd designed 18-hole golf course (host of the PGA tour), exquisite spa treatments and a vast array of amenities including two private beaches, a gym, tennis courts, swimming pools overlooking the ocean, delicious and expertly prepared food and beverages at 3 dining options, a specially dedicated children’s center with babysitters, and most importantly plenty of opportunity for rest and relaxation. Unlike many yoga retreats, this one offers participants a chance to bring friends, family or children who may not be interested in yoga since there are a variety of alternate activities for everyone to enjoy. For those wanting to explore the incredible magic of Nicaragua beyond Mukul, additional supplementary excursions may be available.
This retreat has been in the making since 2003 when Christy McKenzie and Dana Covello met during their first yoga teacher training in New York. They both have been deeply immersed in the practice and study of yoga and mindful living ever since. They visited Mukul together earlier in 2016 and are thrilled to introduce this magnificent place to their students!
Whether you seek the experience of solitude, adventure or an opportunity for connection with friends or family, this is an experience not to be missed!
Retreat Package includes:
- Four nights’ accommodations in a Bohio (accommodations in one and two bedroom villas may also available for an additional charge)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily per person (2 drinks included per meal)
- Welcome reception and final night beach reception/bonfire
- Curated wellness menu
- Daily yoga and meditation with Christy and Dana
- One 60-minute Spa Mukul treatment per person
- One Group Tropicsurf lesson
- Selection of one optional resort activity per person: Round of golf, additional 60-minute spa treatment, non- motorized water vehicle rental or private guided nature hike
- Round trip ground transfers to and from Managua Airport or Costa Esmeralda Airport
- Kul Kids program designed for ages 5-12. Babysitting can be arranged at an additional fee
- In Room Amenity: One 200ml bottle each of Flor de Caña Rum ̈Extralite ̈ and ̈5 aged years” in room, once per stay
- Complimentary use of resort swimming pool, private gym, yoga platform, high-speed wireless internet access in guest rooms and public space, on-property golf cart transfers, full concierge service.
Rates start at $3,700 in a Bohio for four nights, single occupancy and $5,200 for double occupancy.