50 hour Teacher Training: Empower your Yoga Teaching through Mythology
with Sharon Rudy
Storytelling and mythology is an extraordinary medium to weave power, meaning and deeper purpose into a regular asana class. Mythology creates connection, richness and offers an evocative experience for students. We fall in love with the stories of the gods and goddesses. The archetypes and stories of the deities mirror our human experience with the utmost beauty and enable us to see and experience ourselves in a new light. Students leave class imprinted, transformed and empowered.
But there is a difference between loving the stories and teaching this stories. Are you ready to take your teaching to the next level?
In this advanced teacher training, you will:
1. Learn the essential myths of the yoga tradition. We will delve into the major archetypal images of the gods and goddesses, their qualities and characters, unpack mysterious symbolism, learn their particular stories and why myths matter in life.
2. Learn how to interpret the stories through the Tantric lens of empowerment. You will learn fundamentals of Tantric philosophy and how this perspective can change mythology into a living, breathing entity that we consciously participate in. We are every character in the story.
3. In the classroom: learn how to effective teach mythology and infuse the story into action. We will learn the art of the raconteur: how to tell a powerful, succinct story in the beginning of class that weaves and unfolds through actions in the body, particular poses and sequencing. Turn your class into a magical, transformative experience.
4. Lab/Practice teaching. This is not merely a theoretical training, we will practice these refining these skills in supportive community. Valuable, specific feedback will be given for you to step into your inherent greatness. Teaching myth is not a cookie cutter experience, this training will give you the tools you need to make your unique voice heard valued in the vast sea of the world of modern yoga.
Investment: $850 early bird; $975 after March 27.
Breakdown of the 50 hour training:
4 weekends together:
- April 9th and 10th
- May 21st and 22nd
- June 4th and 5th
- June 11th and 12th
Weekend hours will be: Saturday, 1-4 and 6-8. Sunday 12-4.
6 hour and a half public yoga classes on Sunday morning, 9am with Sharon Rudy at Twisted Trunk Yoga. Classes will be participation as a student, observation and assisting Sharon. (Other classes available to participate/observe/teach in Montclair, NJ, a 30 minute train ride from Penn station NYC).
5 hours in teleseminar format. These phone sessions will support your journey in further refinements to teaching myth, Q&A, community connection and opportunity for individual mentoring feedback.
This is a unique opportunity that has been literally years in the making. Mythology is traditionally handed down through an oral tradition and you cannot receive this information in a book.
Is this training right for you?
- Have you reached a plateau in your teaching and need to hit “refresh?”
- Feel stuck teaching the same old thing and need new inspiration?
- Have you personally fallen in love with mythology but have no idea how to effectively teach it?
- Do you want to distinguish yourself in a sea of yoga teachers?
- Do you want to discover and uncover your authentic voice in teaching, regardless of teaching specific stories?
If you want to clarify if this training is a good fit for you, schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation with Sharon. Emailsharon@empoweredheartyoga.com to schedule, or with any specific questions about the training. If you are on the fence and thinking “next time,” we can’t promise when/if this will be offered again. Now is the time. Email email@example.com to register.